• Magnificent 11,000 square foot barn architecture with luxurious monochromatic styling delivers a hybrid style venue that provides charm and elegance accompanied by 360-degree views of property. Open floor plan delivers an adaptable space for intimate or large-scale events hosting parties up to 450 seated guests.
• Grand Ballroom with arched 40-foot ceilings, oversized chandeliers, and elevated loft balconies provide a refined backdrop.
• Grand Ballroom boasts an impressive double iron staircase descending from the Bridal Loft.
• Turn key rigging allows ease of access for decorating archways, manipulating curtains, and operating pocket garage doors.
• Our natural light concept is made possible using panoramic glass doors which seamlessly join Grand Ballroom to oversized, covered deck for dramatic scenic views and endless photo opportunities.
• Patio Parlor complete with lounge and fireplace effortlessly expand Grand Ballroom creating additional space for larger events.
• Loft Parlor with bar that can be converted to private meeting room.
• Large kitchen with multiple server stations and large walk-in cooler to satisfy all catering needs.
We both grew up in rural midwest communities, my husband in a small Illinois farm town and me on an Iowa farm, and were very fond of all the buildings we played in and thought were wonderlands as a kid; from corn bins, sheds, silos and barns. Actually, my husband almost bought a barn near his hometown for a place to retreat, work on and store his growing hobby of vintage cars and trucks. Phew! That was a close one; he was outbid at the auction!!
Then coming to our senses, living on 40 acres just north of KC, in Smithville Mo, we thought “Why not just build a barn on our property?” My husband could use it for his expanding fleet of cars and I could host a few events each year…perfect, right? Awe…the compromise of marriage...you’ve got to admire that!!
So, I started my quest with a conversation with local zoning and planning to see what kind of hoops I would need to jump through to have a business on our acreage. Well...let’s just say, it was a lengthy conversation, with no straight answers or direction, but resolute curiosity pushed me to continue my research.
As a recent empty-nester, the number one fielded question I get from friends and acquaintances is “What led you to build a Barn?”. Before diving into my story, I gently nudge them with a smile and a wink and say, “You mean a swanky event venue?”, they smile back and I begin…..
My patient husband, who always knew my passion for connection and chaos wondered why I held onto my corporate job so long and so tightly and was continually encouraging me to move on, be closer to home, travel, etc. Well, I insisted that I needed a focus, something to put my energy towards before walking away from what I saw as comfort and value, although a bit mundane. Yes, I am one of those risk-averse midwestern girls, that does what it takes.
Our picturesque countryside setting provides tranquility while offering all the amenities found in an urban setting.
Our monochromatic design allows for the adaptation to any style of event regardless of the occasion.
Our scenic views provide the serenity and privacy for any event.
• Spacious Loft Bridal Suite with private bathroom, full length mirror, natural light, and salon stations eliminates the need for offsite preparation.
• Bridal Suite has access to private loft parlor that can be set up with snacks and drinks while they are getting ready.
• Groom’s Room with private deck, video gaming, wet bar, and soft seating ensures a relaxing atmosphere.
• Private tower Honeymoon Suite with panoramic glass and balcony which offers breathtaking views of the property.
• 6 modern guest suites adjoined by a patio with fire pit, accommodates up to 20 guests for overnight stays.
Want to enjoy both the scenic views & life in the city? We've got our best recommendations for restaurants, outdoor activities, our "must-see" locations and more.